How to start a computer recycling business
What is computer waste?
With the huge use and demand of computers, computer waste is obviously appears. Before getting to know what computer waste is, we need to understand what the computer is made up. Computers have different forms such as desktops, laptops, handheld computers and tablets. Desktop computers include a monitor screen, a keyboard, a mouse, CPU, and maybe UPS or speakers, but they are not mandatory. The laptop is just a single product, similar to a handheld or tablet.
Computer waste includes similar items such as the keyboard, mouse, monitors, CPU and its components such as hard drives, memory, processors, fans, motherboards, circuits, etc. In addition, connectors, printers, printer cartridges, modems, routers, etc. are also part of computer waste. These items are basically made of fiber, plastics, aluminum, glass, silica and many other materials of light nature.
Computer recycling for cash opportunities
Due to the large amount of these waste produced, it is necessary to use them in an efficient manner. Most of these wastes are non-biodegradable and toxic and therefore can not be allowed to rot. The best way is to recycle them for further use as they are still available and they can even sell for a good price during the recycling process. When you want to recycle computer products, it is important to know what you can recycle, until to what extent. Here is a brief explanation of the parts of the recyclable computer.
- Various precious metals found in computers, such as gold, copper, lead, palladium, aluminum, etc., can be extracted from computers and utilized.
- There are other materials such as tin, silicon, glass, plastics, fibers, etc., which can also be utilized and recycled as required.
- Not everything is useless in old computers that are sent for recycling. There are many parts that can work effectively. These parts were removed and assembled into a new computer accessory.
- Most computers are sold at low prices after the renovation. Refurbishment is very common in electronics.
- Small accessories and parts were also removed from computers for use to make new products.
- There are many accessories sold at high prices after polishing, cleaning and repair.
Now, if you find this business interesting, then you should definitely do it, but you need to have a computer recycling business plan before you start doing this.
Computer Recovery Business Plan
Like any business, you need to develop a strategy about your business and then implement it step by step. Similarly, in the computer recycling business, you need to revise a plan to give you the best possible return. Overall, what is really important for you is getting a rich return with less investment. Here are the plans that may help with your business.
Decide on what you will recycle
If you are a new business, then it is impossible to recycle every computer product, otherwise you have to spend a lot of money as an investment. This is because each component requires a different recycling method, some are quite expensive. Here some computer accessories are mentioned and how you recycle them for good profits.
- Computer display. The computer display can be recycled by removing cathode ray tubes and sold separately if it be a CRT screen. The LCD or TFT screen is slightly repaired and polished, and it can basically work normally. These screens also contain precious metals that can be recycled and sold separately.
- Central processor. A central processing unit or CPU is known as the brain of a computer. The CPU consists of different parts such as hard drives, motherboard, memory, processors, circuit boards, sockets and more. In most cases only a few parts do not work such as the CPU basic frame or memory that can be easily replaced. After repairing the entire CPU and polishing it it can be sold at used prices.
- Keyboard. In most cases, several keys on the keyboard do not work and can easily be replaced, repaired and resale. The keyboard can also be sold to fully recycled people, where it will be melted into new accessories.
- The Mouse. Once the mouse becomes useless, it stops working, so it must also be sent to the permanent recycling bin, where it will be melted.
- Other accessories. Such as UPS, printers, laptops, cameras, routers, modems, etc., can be broken down into small pieces that can be reused through small-scale repairs or sent to the permanent recycling board.
Ability to recycle
All of the above computer accessories can not be recycled by you, especially when you are a small business. Therefore, you need to develop a standard and limit on what you can recycle and to which you can recycle. For example, can you recycle a keyboard by melting a new keyboard, or can you only change the keys and repair it? Again, for CPU and displays, to how much extent can you recycle and reuse the product, you will have to take the phone.
Consulting with technicians and experts
Consult the experts who guide you in recycling computer products as they give a brief explanation of each topic. Ask them to do a feasibility analysis report and you will see your business model, its impact and its return on investment. Feasibility analysis reporting is a necessary aspect of any business model, especially when it is complex and requires good capital investment. According to the report, you can make plans and start your business.
Basic requirements for the computer recycling business
The computer recycling business does not require any huge machine, but requires some trained experts, technicians, engineers, some small machines, etc. All of the requirements are mentioned here.
And you don’t really need a large separate space in India, but a room large enough is appreciated. You can open your recycling business at home or in a store with enough space to save computer waste and operate. It is better to rent space rather than buy, as it requires good capital.
For recycling computer waste, you need some good infrastructure. An enclosed room with the latest technology, machines, gadgets, tools, equipment, power connections, rooms, etc. The room should be free of noise and dust and must be cool.
For recycling accessories you need different equipment through which the experts will perform their tasks. To do this, you can listen to advice from the experts you employ who will give you a list of the equipment needed.
Waste old computers
To do this, you need to work with waste collectors who also buy e-waste, especially computer waste. In a particular city, there are many people handling computer accessories. You can build a network with them where you can get scrap accessories from them.
Requirements for technicians and experts
Invite experts, engineers, and technicians to do the recycling work. You can also hire helpers who can do the work of cleaning and polishing the recycling products. You need to be particularly vigilant when you will hire experts because their skills will determine your profits. In the initial stage, hire experts who can do the basic recovery work, and you can expand your scope later.
Register your company and your documents
Register your company with the local government as a computer recycling business. Also register with the GSST to pay for your sales tax. As a computer recycling business, there are some licenses that are required because certain parts of the computer come with dangerous and toxic substances that you have to deal with carefully.
Your capital investment will depend on the.
- Hased space, infrastructure, utilities such as power connections, etc.
- Emplores experts, technicians and computer engineers.
- Purchase or rent the recycling and repair equipment, tools, and machines
- Buy waste computer parts and accessories from your local supplier
- Recycling, repair, polishing, cleaning, refurbishment, and packaging
- Supply, transportation, and taxation
- Documentation and license fees
- Miscaneous charges